- Provider Cross Cultural Medical Assessment tool deployed to help educate providers to respond more effectively to the diverse needs of patients.
About firstname.lastname@example.orgThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far email@example.com has created 12 blog entries.
- Hired MaineHealth’s first Translation Program Manager to lead the translation of vital patient care documents across MaineHealth. - In partnership with Gateway to Opportunity (G2O), graduated three student interns whose presentation, “The Dangers of ACES” was published by MaineHealth. - Provided consultation to utilize inclusive language on MaineHealth Medical Group’s standardized form for Breast [...]
- Employee information fields in MaineHealth’s workforce management tool were updated to include gender identity and chosen name. - Library and Knowledge Services DEI webpage created to reflect a more diverse selection of books, articles and other resources. - Audited mandatory compliance trainings for inclusive language/access concerns. Offered suggestions to be incorporated in future iterations. - [...]
- BIPOC Care Team Member Network hosted a Juneteenth flag raising ceremony at Southern Maine Health Care. - Southern Maine Health Care changed its application form for employment to be more gender inclusive. - Worked with Access Training staff to diversify training patient profiles in the Epic practice environment. - New email signature standards developed [...]
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) Care Team Member Network leads Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Panel Discussion. - Moved Director Interpreter Services to a system level department reporting into quality with a dotted line to DEI. - MaineHealth’s first ever five-year strategic plan approved for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Maine Medical Center received a grant from Tufts to update dermatology curriculum and training for residents to reduce health disparities resulting from the types of skin images presented.
- Consulted with LGBTQ+ Care Team Member Network to partner with MaineHealth Medical Group and Brand team to recommend a more inclusive name for Women’s Health practices by changing it to Ob/Gyn. - Expansion of recognized religious observances at Maine Medical Center. - Onboarding tip sheet created for managers to help promote a culture of [...]
- Started creating educational content and care team member resource guides for DEI observances. - BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) Care Team Member Network organizes MaineHealth’s first Black History Month Panel Discussion.
- Began utilizing workforce development grant from Alfond Foundation to pilot new DEI education programs. - Workgroups were mobilized to strategize around goals for the DEI strategic plan.